YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world. Since Google took over the video platform in 2006, the videos have also influenced the results in the search engine. If a potential visitor enters a search term, Google searches not only in the search engine itself, but also on YouTube and displays these videos in the organic search. This post on the topic of YouTube SEO shows how companies and website operators can get directly to the first page of Google with their own, well-optimized videos.
1. The perfect subject
Video marketing is part of content marketing! The aim is therefore to help the viewer with high-quality information and to offer added value. When choosing a topic, you should keep in mind how your visitors can benefit from your video. Only then should you consider the benefits your company will get.
Take a look around the internet and see which topics have not yet been highlighted in your industry and simply produce the missing content yourself.
Of course there are also areas where a topic has been dealt with several times. In blog posts, articles or forums. But also video? There is a very good chance that you will be the first to audio-visualize the topic on YouTube.
Important! Always keep an eye on the keywords. When looking for a topic, it is best to research with Goolge Trends or Keywordtool.io for frequently searched terms in order to rank directly there. You also know immediately which topic is in demand in your target group.
2. The right video production
Now that you know what you want to convey to your viewers, it’s time to produce the video. There are no limits here – but two forms have prevailed if you want to incorporate video marketing into your content marketing strategy.
The first option is an animated explanatory video. With the help of graphics and animations, abstract processes are shown cleanly and simply.
Another method is personal approach. As an expert, you speak to your viewers about the chosen topic and thus directly gain the audience’s trust.
Regardless of which option you choose, you should absolutely adhere to the following points:
- The video must be in FULL HD! So make sure you have a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- Use the .mp4 format with the H264 codec.
- Build in music! The best thing to do is to take a look at the YouTube Audio Library to avoid legal problems.
- Use pictures, graphics or animations to represent complex facts and not overwhelm the viewer.
As soon as your video meets the above requirements, you can upload it to YouTube.
You might be interested in the following topic:
3. Upload to YouTube
When uploading to YouTube, there are three basic things to watch out for in optimizing search results:
- The video title: The title of the video is nothing more than the H1 heading of a blog article. It makes a promise to your audience – and you have to keep it. It is important for Google that your main keyword appears here, which your visitors would also enter in the Google search.
- The video description: In the video description, write a brief summary of your topic and where you can find more information about the topic. Again, don’t forget your chosen keywords!
- The video tags: The tags are keywords under which potential visitors can find your video. Use a combination of short and long keywords here. Your company name and location also belong in the tags.
4. Embed the video on your own website
You shouldn’t upload your new video to your own web server and then integrate the video (e.g. as in WordPress), but use the YouTube player directly. This has the advantage that all views and interactions with the video on your page have a direct influence on YouTube and the search results. If you use an external player, YouTube will not notice this.
Simply use the direct video link generated by YouTube to embed it on your website.
If your visitor is now watching the video and would like more information, you should support them. With a call-to-action on your own landing page and additional links, you can convert them to customers – and your Google placements will thank you for these additional internal links.
The explanatory video for young start-ups
Young companies and founders in particular are increasingly concerned with the use of online videos for their marketing strategy. This also includes conveying your own business idea so that every customer or investor understands it straight away. After all, a product is only bought if it is understood. As a consequence, more and more companies are opting for an explanatory video. But young start-ups in particular find it difficult to finance these videos.
The film production company “Motion Array Tutorials” has introduced the ” Start Up Deal ” for this. It enables founders and young companies to cost-effectively produce an explanatory video with a satisfaction guarantee and real-time tracking.